Dating Advice & Tips Center
At Spark.com we have thousands of success stories, and we are here to help you get yours! We know dating can be exciting, fun, and even quirky sometimes. No worries, we are here for you all the way. For starters here are some tips.
You get only one chance to make a first impression.
- Profile with photos get up to 10 times more responses.
- Choose recent, in-focus close-ups of only you.
- Smile! Your smile is like a magnet for your match.
To thine own self be true. And be specific.
- Want a stand-out profile? Details make the difference!
- Everybody loves a walk on the beach – which beach do YOU like and why?
- We all like to laugh – what made you laugh recently?
Cast a wide net and kiss a lot of frogs.
- Widen your search preferences.
- Search beyond your preferred age – a few years won’t matter when you grow old together!
- Add and subtract a few inches from your preferred height – you won't notice the difference when you're cuddling.
Work on your love life the way you work on your other passions. Set goals and keep at it.
- You have to send emails to get emails.
- Reply to all who write you, even if it's just a polite "No, thank you."
- Staying active and "out there" is how you'll meet your match.
So many ways to connect, so little time.
- Try a new communication feature every day.
- Use IM one day, chat rooms after that – just get a conversation started.
- Message boards are where members discuss issues of the day – join in.
Get real – go offline with our speed dating events!
- Imagine a great night out – where everyone you meet is single and looking.
- At speed dating events, we're all playing the same game – on a level playing field.
- Even if you don't fall in love, you'll have a great time.
- Contacting Online Matches
- Making an Online Connection
- Creating a Great Online Dating Profile
- Personalize Your Online Dating Profile
- Date Locations by City
- Ideas for Dates in Any Location
- Finding People with Common Backgrounds
- Initial Contact
- First Date Preparation
- First Date Success
- Introduction to Online Dating
- Contacting Someone Online
- Online Dating Chat
- Chat Room Conversations
- Online Dating Etiquette
- Attracting the Right Person
- Online Dating Safety
- Using Caution with Personal Information
- Preparing for Senior Dating
- Senior Dating
- Taking an Online Relationship Offline
- Maintaining a Relationship Offline